Monday, July 11, 2011

Goat Cheese Tart! :D

Here is a yummy goat cheese casserole we made a few weeks ago topped with our own fresh basil!  So good!  Being that Morgan and I are gluten free now, we buy our gluten free crust frozen because it is easier.  I would like to play around with a few recipes for my own crust, but just haven't taken the time.  Someday, I hope! :(  Anyway here is the recipe. I got two full pies from this! :D

10 1/2 oz goat cheese (the recipe calls for garlic and herb - but I used plain.)
1 cup heavy cream
3 large eggs
1/4 cup basil leaves
salt and pepper to your liking
 2 TB butter
onions (as little or as much as you like)







Cook your onions in the butter for 5 mins and spread evenly over the bottom of your two pie crusts.  Then place goat cheese, cup of cream, eggs and basil (although if your basil is fresh you might want to stir in by hand or you will get a light green goat cheese tart - lol - but still just as tasty) into a food processor until blended well.  Pour into your pie shells and bake a 350 for 30-40 minutes.  Top with some more basil and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment